Sunday, February 8, 2009

My air duct is cleaner than yours!

Is that bad to say? Well, the only reason it is clean, is because I HAD to clean it. Isn't that the only reason anyone cleans the air ducts? I had just sat down to enjoy my dinner and my daughter wanted to share and accidentally spilled my full cup of milk on to her sister who sits above a vent. Well we grabbed towels and I thought we were doing OK until my son says, "mom, it is going into the vent." I didn't have the time right then, I had a soaking baby and other kids trying to eat. Dad was gone for the night and so, on to the next thing. While the baby was in the tub and I was trying to get dishes done and encouraging homework and reading, my 4 year old informs me the baby has pooped in the tub. Stop the dishes, out with the baby, cleaned out the tub. Bleached the tub. Rinsed the tub. Started a new bath, by this time the baby was not interested in the tub anymore, screaming, fits, baths, dishes, teeth brushed, homework and bed. No vent cleaning. The next morning my project began. Mirrors and flashlights in tow, shop vac, scrubbing sponge, cleansers and 20 minutes later. . . my vent sparkles. So I think that is worth bragging about. It is cleaner than yours, right?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

uh - no. Mine are clean...really. I swear. Okay, fine. They're disgusting. But my baby pooped in the tub this weekend too! Ah, we are kindred spirits, aren't we.

Unknown said...

Wow, you mastered the art of multi-tasking there! At least, you were able to clean your ventilators the next morning. Cleaning the vent is important if you want to keep fresh air in the house, anyways.

Hillary Blundell